As part of my current zine project I decided I would experiment with risograph printing, as I think it fits the format of a zine well. First I used some of the images I created for my ‘A Clockwork Orange’ zine:
Although I liked the prints on their own, I decided not to use this method for my zine as the colour didn’t come out as bright as I wanted it to. I did however like the grainy effect and the slight shift in the layers on certain prints.
I decided to do more experiments with other images I had and played around with colours and overlays:
I am quite happy with these experiments as I have been wanting to try riso for a long time. It is a fast method of producing work.