What is the difference between qualitative and quantitative information?
often word based, descriptive, small scale, has a holistic focus, the researcher is involved, emphasises the quality of the information, doesn’t limit the question and can lead to surprising answers
numerical, large scale, has a specific focus, the researcher is detached, measures the degree to which (how long? how many?…), statistics, social sciences
You walk into your local shopping center and employees behind the information desk are handing out surveys to determine how the clients feel about the customer service.
- How do you feel about customer service in this particular department store?
- How satisfied would you say you are with the customer service? Very – Mostly – Half – Not very – Not at all
- How often do you go to the information desk when you have an inquiry?
- When receiving customer service from an employee, please rank the importance of the following: Patient attitude – Clear information – Dressing smart – Being pleasant and smiling – Being energetic
- How helpful do you find the staff? Very helpful 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 Not helpful at all
- How do you feel about customer service in this shopping center?